Monday, November 28, 2011

Response to World On Fire social awareness #2

"World On Fire"

Hearts are worn in these dark ages
You're not alone in this story's pages
The light has fallen amongst the living and the dying
And I'll try to hold it in, yeah I'll try to hold it in

[Chorus]
The world's on fire and
It's more than I can handle
I'll tap into the water
(Try and bring my share)
I try to bring more
More than I can handle
(Bring it to the table)
Bring what I am able

I watch the heavens but I find no calling
Something I can do to change what's coming
Stay close to me while the sky is falling
Don't wanna be left alone, don't wanna be alone

[Chorus]

Hearts break, hearts mend
Love still hurts
Visions clash, planes crash
Still there's talk of
Saving souls, still the cold
Is closing in on us

We part the veil on our killer sun
Stray from the straight line on this short run
The more we take, the less we become
The fortune of one that means less for some

[Chorus X2]


This song is a pretty intense song if you read the lyrics. It talks about how so many people are in need of help, yet the majority is doing nothing. When she says "It's more than I can handle --- I'll tap into the water --- (Try and bring my share) --- I try to bring more --- More than I can handle --- (Bring it to the table) --- Bring what I am able" she is showing that she is trying to help with effort, but its still not enough. This song is all-and-all trying to bring to your attention that people need help.


When she says "We part the veil on our killer sun" she is telling us that we are causing a downfall of ourselves by not helping ourselves as a whole because we are all part of the same race: the human race. "The more we take, the less we become" and "The fortune of one that means less for some" says that not enough people care, and when we don't care about them, we stop caring about everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment