Thursday, January 26, 2012

Would be hilarious if it wasn't so dreadful

Wow, I stop at page 260 in Cats Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. The characters are about to watch an air show and nothing important looks like it is going to happen. I write a blog about how my suspicions of ice-nine are true and i take a break from the book. When I come back to page 261 one of the planes have crashed, "Papa's" dead crystalized body has fallen into the sea, and pretty much an apocalypse happens. The whole sea freezes, all the locals have committed suicide because of their playful "Priest," and tornadoes are raging 24/7. The person the main character loves commits suicide 1 week after the tornados start, and meets the mysterious Bokonon. This book has 287 pages and the first 260 pages are an introduction to an exciting story. This book only takes place within a certain amount of months and then it just ends in twenty pages.

Just twenty minutes before writing this i was talking to someone about  how there were some good books with non conclusive endings. I can't believe how true that was. This blog post will be short, because there is just too much for me to summarize within a single post. anyone who wants to question humanity, or why they exist, or about God and religion just read this book. I don't even know what to tell myself in my mind about this book. I give the book a 8/5. in comparison i give the first book of the hunger game series a 4.5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment